About Me

My photo
Welcome to the blog page of Minnesota Blues Hall of Fame guitarist Dan Schwalbe. Here you'll find information on shows, venues, performance times and other miscellaneous BS.

Saturday, March 16, 2013


I came to this music fairly late by some standards.  A lot of my peers were hip to this stuff when they were still in high school.  I didn’t really discover electric Blues until I was twenty years old.  I stumbled into a copy of Muddy Waters Fathers and Sons album in a friends collection and I was hooked.  Later that year, during smelt season, I was at a smelt fry that had live music.  One of the bands was Mojo Buford.  I was floored by the kid guitar player, Dave ‘Cool Breeze’ Brown.  I noticed something right off, he was adding vibrato to bent notes.  I thought, you can do that?  It was an eye opener.  I have always enjoyed Dave’s playing and in the last decade or two we’ve become friends.
I intend to nominate Dave for induction into the Minnesota Blues Hall of Fame this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment